1. Don’t go to bed if your feet are cold.
Every night before bed, warm your feet.
2. Not having a set method of going to bed
Set up a routine before bedtime, like brushing your teeth, washing your face, etc., to teach your brain that it’s time to sleep.
3. Avoid drinking coffee four hours before bedtime.
Caffeine is very bad for you and keeps you awake for a long time.
4. Don’t sleep in certain positions.
Experts say that sleeping on your left side is the best way to rest your body.
5. Don’t use your electronic gadgets in bed.
Scrolling on your phone or computer right before bed can be very bad because the bright screen keeps your brain from falling asleep.
6. Believe it or not, you ought to skip books as well.
People also say that reading before bed can help you stay awake for longer.
7. Don’t wake up to a bright light.
Light or something similar can distract you and make it hard to sleep, so you won’t wake up feeling relaxed.
8. Don’t drink anything for an hour before bedtime.
Fluids make you have to use the toilet more often, which will keep you from getting a good night’s sleep.
9. Avoid naps in the afternoon.
Afternoon naps make you feel relaxed longer, and your body doesn’t need sleep. It also changes the way you sleep, so try to stay away from it.
10. Don’t sleep on a cushion that isn’t very good.
For a good night’s sleep, it’s very important to have a good mattress. You’ll wake up refreshed and ready to go.
11. Don’t eat 2 hours prior to heading to bed.
When you lie down with a full stomach, it takes longer to fall asleep because your body is busy digesting.
12. Don’t work out 3 hours before bedtime.
Your body gets full of adrenaline when you work out, which makes it hard to fall asleep fast.