Experts say that your body gives you many signs when something is wrong. We’ve put together this list of danger signs to help you stay healthy and avoid health problems.
1. A crawling feeling in your legs: Restless leg syndrome is a medical condition. It feels like something is coming up on your legs.
2. Skin getting thicker: Hormonal problems, acne, and allergies can all cause the skin to get thicker. Always see a doctor to get a better idea of what’s wrong.
3. A change in handwriting and loss of smell: Changes in movement, speech, and writing can identify Parkinson’s disease.
4. Acting aggressively: Acting aggressively could be a sign of sadness. Researchers say that depression doesn’t always show up as sadness.
5. Sleeping too much: Hypersomnia is a sleep disorder in which a person sleeps too much. Doctors say that a strong desire to sleep at any time or place could be caused by a number of autoimmune illnesses.
6. Changes in eye colour: If you are under 45 years old and have a white or grey ring around the lens of your eye, you may have too much cholesterol.
7. You only want salty food. Medical experts say that if you always want salty food, it could be a sign of iron shortage, anaemia, dehydration, or premenstrual syndrome.
8. Fatigue and low libido: If you are always tired and your libido is low, this could be a sign of a problem with your thyroid hormones.
9. You’re always thirsty. Eating salty foods can make you always thirsty, but it can also be a sign of diabetes or pregnancy.
10. The need to chew ice: If you need and want to chew ice, it could mean you don’t have enough iron or you have anaemia. Check your blood to be sure!
Do you know of any other signs that can tell you a lot about how your body is doing? Use the comments to tell us!